Somnocor Revolutionizes Home Sleep Testing
Somnocor’s home sleep testing service offers a convenient, comfortable and cost-effective way to diagnose Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) in a patient’s home, as an alternative to testing at a sleep laboratory or hospital.
How does it work?
During a home sleep test, the patient wears a portable device while they sleep. The device records specific parameters that are analyzed by a registered sleep technologist and interpreted by a board-certified sleep physician who makes a clinical diagnosis and recommends appropriate treatment.
The Somnocor advantage – restful, reliable, results
- Patients are more calm and relaxed during testing while in the comfort of their own home.
- Our state-of-the-art testing technology is compact, portable and easy to use.
- We offer quick, convenient home testing and device return processes.
- Somnocor provides 24/7/365 clinical and patient service support.
- Diagnostic parameters can include breathing effort, pulse oximetry, heart rate, snoring, airflow, and body position.
- All studies are analyzed in-depth by a registered sleep technologist – no automatic analysis is performed.
- Additional channels of measurement are available for analysis at the physicians’ discretion.
Our team of physicians, clinicians, registered sleep technologists, administrative staff, and patient care specialists are always available to answer any questions you or your patients may have. All Somnocor professionals have years of experience in the sleep medicine industry. As well, we provide thorough and frequent training to our staff in device technologies, patient care, patient confidentiality, and continuing sleep medicine education.
Quality assurance: Guaranteed
As recommended by the AASM, home sleep studies are manually analyzed by our registered sleep technologists. And then we go one step further.
First, Somnocor’s home sleep tests are reviewed and scored by registered sleep technologists to ensure accuracy and precision. Our quality assurance department then reviews the report to ensure that it is accurate, clear and complete. Each and every report is reviewed by at least two Somnocor registered sleep experts before it is sent to our Board certified sleep medicine physicians for an interpretation.
Many of our competitors use automatic scoring as the sole method for analyzing these home sleep studies. Our comprehensive quality assurance program is an industry first.
What’s in it for you?
Our multilayer quality assurance procedures mean that our clients – and their patients – are receiving the industry’s highest standards of excellence for home sleep diagnostic testing.