Diagnosing Obstructive Sleep Apnea(OSA) is a an uncomplicated process. However, until recently, the only option available to patients was an overnight sleep study performed in a hospital bed or sleep lab. This has had several drawbacks:
- People who live in rural areas have limited access to sleep labs, and some regions have wait times of more than a year.
- Testing for only a single night can result in false readings.
- Many patients are anxious and do not have a typical night’s sleep when observed in a sleep laboratory setting.
Somnocor’s Canada-wide at-home sleep testing solves these problems.
Convenience + Comfort = Reliability + Results
- No waiting. Our home sleep testing can be performed 24/7, 365 days a year.
- The convenience and lower costs of home sleep testing makes it possible to test over several nights, which helps eliminate false readings.
- There’s nothing like the comfort of your own bed. With just a sensor on your finger and nose and a small device on a belt around your chest, our home sleep test can tell whether or not you have obstructive sleep apnea.
How it works
While you sleep, a small light-weight device monitors snoring, pauses in your breathing and any losses of oxygen associated with them. The results are then analyzed by sleep technologist to determine whether you have sleep apnea.
Is it reliable?
This form of testing for OSA is validated by industry experts and sleep medicine leaders & organizations. Somnocor’s home sleep testing meets international practice standards and guidelines.